Saturday, October 17, 2020

How to keep our mind blameless?

How to keep our mind blameless?

                                                      Good Morning Holy Spirit - Daily Devotion

Good Morning Friend! Today’s devotion is in continuation of our yesterday’s devotion (Appetite vs Hunger) on how to keep our whole Spirit, Soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The Soul is of 3 parts – Mind, Will and Emotions. Let us look into Mind today. 

What is Mind? In common parlance, the mind most often refers to the seat of human consciousness, the thinking as per psychology. It cannot be touched, cannot be treated using equipment, it is not the same in everyone, its dangerous, however it can be trained for good or evil.

My son who is of 5 years old, when he does not obey my words and repeats the same mistake , the simple reason he gives me always is “Mamma, I know I’m not supposed to do this but my mind is just not listening to me”😃. My response always to him was “You should know how to control the mind and the mind should not control you”. The moment I respond to him, I used to feel that it applies to me as well.

It is a high time that we should learn to control our mind and the bible says we should take captive of our every thought to obey Christ. “..we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5”. How to take captive of our mind? It is a choice that we make. We should choose to focus our thoughts on the right things which are true, noble, right, pure,lovely, admirable. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8.

The next thing is consistently we should renew our mind by the word of God to be kept blameless.And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.Romans 12:2

Have a blessed day!

In Christ Alone

Justina Stephen 

No comments:

Post a Comment